Monday, May 24, 2010

Going On A Junket for Junket


I was at an estate sale today and there were so many old paper items I was in Heaven sorting through them.  Found this beautiful book (actually several of them, but this one was unused).  I believe it is from 1935 from printers marks inside and information from this website.  Yes.  They are still making it, although it is hard to find.  Now I am on a mission to find some and try it.

Just look at those beautiful colors!  They have captured the depression ware exactly.

There was even this little brochure inside.


Doesn't that make you want to try it?  Has anyone had this?
I am going back tomorrow for half-off day.  If anyone is reading this tonight or in the morning of the 25th and wants one of these, let me know and I'll see if I can get you one.

2 comments:

  1. The colors in the pamphlet are gorgeous. Makes me want to go out and find some junket too. I have heard of it but never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live about 18 miles from a town that is blessed by being (a) a good hour off the highway and (b) inhabited by a large number of Apostolic Christians (or AC's, they split from the Amish sometime during the mid 1800's). The grocery store in town is own by an AC and caters to AC tastes, which are deeply traditional. They carry junket (they also carry un-homogenized milk which is why we shop there).

    I'm going to have to look for it the next time I am up there.

    ReplyDelete

Care to comment?