Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vintage Children's Patterns

I have another question for my followers:  Do you think there is a market for vintage children's sewing patterns?  Below are some of the patterns I had listed for several months on Etsy, of which I only ever sold one.  I know it's hard to get most little girls into something that looks decent these days, as opposed to the current style of Britney-wear, but infants and toddlers would have to wear whatever you put on them it seems to me.  Update 25 August 2015!  I have listed some children's patterns here.  Look for the tabs at the top of the blog.












Sold
Sold






6 comments:

  1. I would buy them all if I had the money. I absolutely adore the images on these patterns. I have 30 or more too, which I hope against all odds to one day make for grandchildren who will probably never wear them. I heart these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started out sewing children's clothes and since I've always loved vintage, I started collecting vintage children's patterns way before I ever worried about women's. I too would buy every single one of these if I didn't already ahve a good little stash (and sadly only teenagers to sew for now--or not sew for as the case seems to be!)

    I think there is a market, you just have to find the right person. I would think Etsy would be a good site for them? Maybe it was just an off season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was a while ago . But, my daughter is BEGGING me to make her clothes. My son too. If you find any .. I'll kiss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kori:
    I don't need a kiss, :), but I have mine listed here: http://www.sewingpalette.com/
    If you don't see what you need, ask, and I'll see if I have any that are not listed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, with I were her long ago and bought all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look up at the top of the page right under the heading and click on "Children's Patterns for Sale". The Sewing Palette, where I had these listed, just folded, so I'm slowly transferring them over to here.

      Delete

Care to comment?